The IAPC Primary Palliative Care Special Interest Group is established under the IAPC’s Mission to promote palliative care through education, representation and networking and thereby build capacity in palliative care at the individual and at sector level on the Island of Ireland.
Purpose: The purpose of the Group is to share learning within
primary care and between primary care and specialist palliative care; and to provide a forum to meet those working, perhaps in isolation, in similar circumstances and to share and discuss your care of those near to dying in the community, whether at home or in nursing homes or long stay residential facilities.
- Develop a greater awareness of the need for a multidisciplinary approach to primary palliative care
- Develop a deeper understanding of the concept of primary palliative care needs
- Encourage all multidisciplinary professionals to support primary palliative care through: Research; Education & Implementation
- Establish links with relevant national and international primary palliative care organisations/groups
- Provide an opportunity to share research and to establish links with the other IAPC Fora and Special Interest Groups