The ‘Database of palliative care, end of life and bereavement courses’, was originally launched in 2009, with the aim of improving awareness and access to palliative care education across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Three organizations – AIIHPC, IHF and IAPC – came together in early 2013 to refresh and update the database.
The searchable online database aims to provide:
- a focal point for information regarding palliative care education courses.
- a resource for providers to advertising their courses and programmes of study to health and social care professionals and the wider community.
- a user-friendly search function and display of education programmes/courses, workshops, study day(s), seminars, conferences and meetings.
The database features courses from hospices, universities, colleges, charities, professional organisations at a varying level through to Masters of Science and Doctoral level.
When choosing a programme of study in Palliative Care, End of Life Care or Bereavement you should ensure that the course you choose is:
- provided by a credible institution with experience in the provision of education in palliative care, end of life care and bereavement
- underpinned by Palliative Care Assessment Tool (Northern Ireland) Palliative Care Competence Framework (Republic of Ireland)
- provided at a level appropriate to your needs and is linked qualifications where you live
- provided by suitably qualified individuals with a background in either Palliative Care, End of Life Care or Bereavement.
If you are an education provider and offer any programmes, courses, workshops, study days, seminars or conferences for health and social care professionals and / or the wider community which include content re palliative care, end of life or bereavement, and you would like them to be included in the database, please contact Karen Charnley, Programme Manager for Education, +353 1 4912948 or email@example.com
The information contained within the database is, to the best of our knowledge, true and accurate at the time of publication; please note it may be updated with amendments periodically.